NEW BASS!!!!!
![]() |
Ignore the mess behind it. and the straplock circles on top of it.
|
I actually bought a 5-string bass around July. However it was. Just okay. The neck was kinda fucked, and it wasn't anything special. I was honestly unattached from the moment I had it. Glossy black body and a blackish neck-- it looked objectively pretty cool, but as soon as I held it I knew it would be temporary. It worked for what I needed it to; I got used to playing on a 5-string bass and worked on recording things ad writing things with it. It's lined up to be sold tomorrow.
The harder thing to part with is my first bass. I've been debating selling it since I got my first 5 string. I'd had it for a year, it's what I started with, its what I learned bass with. But after watching it sit on the side of my bedroom for the 2 months I had the 5 string, I knew that I wouldn't return to using it. I felt bad just seeing it collect dust, so while there's sentimental value to keeping it, I don't think that outweighs my guilt of wanting it to continue its life. It's lined up to be sold next week.
I think this new bass is going to carry on the name of my first bass, Brandy Pete. It feels right. This one just feels like my first bass but a little grown up. A little bit sleeker, a little bit rougher, same reddish body but a little darker. Its like the Folie a Deux to the original Brandy Petes From Under the Cork Tree. Not in any way that I just described but that analogy makes sense to me. I put the same strap that was put onto Brandy Pete mark 1.
It feels a little nostalgic. About as nostalgic as it can feel for someone who's now only been playing bass for a year and a month now. But a lot has changed since then. Like seriously goddamn I'm in a band now that seems like its actually going to happen. That feels crazy. The best I thought I'd get to before was playing at open mics with a buncha people I've never met.
A lot has changed. I'm terrified for whats to come. But I have a bass I love and an excitement for something that I haven't had in a long time. I've got to believe it'll be better.

No comments:
Post a Comment