Friday, September 18, 2026

Getting Killed (Unfortunately not like Geese)

 New bass is in, older basses are out. And gone for much lower than I was expecting but its fineeeee.

    I feel bad because my new bass has just been sitting there since I'm being hit with the landslide that is all of the projects I'm getting assigned literally the first week. My major aims to kill.

    In better news though! Turns out my meds with a longass prescription was actually wrong. It was supposed to be longer! Apparently my dose was supposed to be higher and I was only taking 75% of that dose; and oh my stars its insane how much of a difference that last 25% did to me. I've just been calm. Just calm. Overall chilling. I might be chilling too hard, the ADHD is still very much hitting me, but I'm just chilling. 
    Doesn't mean I'm completely free of anxiety. I feel an understandable amount relating to working on projects, and I had an anxiety attack during my class that felt like it came out of nowhere. But I'll take that trade over being generally anxious. The days leading up to the start of class were hell for my anxiety, so it feels really nice to be starting the year incredibly chill.

     On the topic of my bass, I've been writing more songs! Unfortunately our lead song writer is also busy as hell with school so not too much is happening there. Or at least not fast. They did end up sending an acoustic demo for an incredibly sappy love song I wrote about my girlfriend. That first listen was so difficult because hearing someone else the deliver the words I wrote just felt overwhelming. Like cringe but not in a bad way. Again like, embarrassed but not in a bad way, it was just a lot. 
    I don't know how I'll fare if we ever play that live.

    In other good band news! We do now finally have a band instagram. Nothing posted to it yet but it was about time that we made one. And we have our first band practice coming up!! So far I've met our lead songwriter and lead guitarist but I still haven't met the drummer. That practice is also gonna be a first time meeting in person for the rest of them, so that'll be interesting. 
    The only reason I met the lead guitarist is because I went over to his house to help clear out his garage so we could have a band practice. It felt really nice to move heavy things around. Big fan. 

Anyways. I'm gonna go sleep as long as my body lets me. Man I need it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment